~ CALL FOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR ~
Girls Empowered by Travel-Nepal
Girls Empowered by Travel-Nepal is a non-profit organisation that provides safe opportunities for women to travel and gets involved in community work with like-minded youth in a welcoming and safe environment. GET strives to promote leadership among women and youth that will have a ripple effect on the reality of their families and their communities.
GET-Nepal is growing with different projects and activities, we need an efficient Program Coordinator responsible for helping oversee the successful completion of projects and events of GET Nepal. The Program Coordinator is responsible for delivering the project, with authority and responsibility from planning to executing the projects efficiently. Program Coordinator responsibilities include laying out or designing a strategy, setting project or, overseeing projects, managing people involved in project, and assisting documenting the data.
Roles and Responsibilities of Program Coordinator,
Strategy and Program Development:
- Provide assistance in developing and managing on-going projects, events and activities of GET Nepal for strategic growth of organisation.
- Develop the organisational monthly or yearly calendar with team members
- Develop/modify the programs/projects relevant to the community need.
- Ensure all projects and activities are aligned to the mission/vision and goals of the organisation.
- Supervise the ongoing projects, events, and activities of GET Nepal.
- Support the project team to achieve the project goals.
- Innovations in projects and activities to improvise as well as expand the scope of organisation.
- Develop program-cum-management strategy for organisational growth
- Build and maintain good relationships with government officials, partner organisations and other stakeholders.
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Lead and manage the staff (including people planning, performance, well-being and development).
- Identify and develop the capacity of team members.
Program Management and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure the effective, efficient and timely implementation of projects in accordance with organisational policy and specific donor requirements
- Ensure that program implementation plans and budget monitoring tools are up to date.
- Ensure financial management and procurement plans are integrated at each of the program budget.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Support the MEAL team in developing and managing MEAL plans, and monitoring and evaluations tools and indicators.
- Support the team in developing monthly, quarterly and final donors reports with support from Grants
- Ensure programs’ records are up to date and are in line with donors retention policies.
- Ensure that relevant beneficiary data is collected, compiled, analysed and distributed and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area.
Skills and attributes:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Highly analytical and organised
- Excellent teambuilders
- Great negotiators and influencers
- Adept at conflict resolution
- Outstanding planning, resource, and stakeholder manager
- Good at building and maintaining relationships/PR with public, private and government agencies.
Meeting new people and working with young minded people
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor in Social Work, Community Studies, Development Studies, Gender Studies
- Two-Three years experience of working and leading the projects to monitoring and evaluation.
- Research and report writing experience in both Nepali and English
- Proven leadership experience and a competence in people management
- Experience with effectively coordinating with national partners, local/government authorities, NGO/INGOs partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Interested applicants should email to email@example.com that include:
- A cover letter
- An updated CV with recent passport size photo
- Please do submit by December 20, 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- The shortlisted candidates will go through an intensive evaluation process that may include tasks, for which the candidate might need to visit the office as well. Those details will be provided to the shortlisted candidates after the deadline.
Interested candidates can drop their CV, A cover letter along with motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th of December 2022.
(We encourage female applicants to apply and having knowledge on sustainable tourism would add value in the application)
Salary: 25,000 – 30,000 monthly
Travel Opportunities in different parts of Nepal
5 working days/week